In the world we live in today, we’re spoiled with options. Options for anything. This can make certain industries quite competitive and consumers, very jaded by them. In the cosmetic industry, you can find anything from topical creams, lotions, sprays, pills, vitamins, shampoos, and conditioners. This can leave any consumer feeling less than secure when it comes to choosing products that help us combat our insecurities and age. The market is just too saturated to dodge and weave the nonsense!
The beauty industry tends to put emphasis on a lot of things. Hair being one of the top tier. And if you suffer from thinning hair, bald spots, and rough patches, this can be a major insecurity. Don’t worry though! You are part of about 80 million men and women in the States that suffer from hair loss. Hair loss isn’t always remedied. It could be due to so many factors out of our control. Especially when it comes to age and genetics.
And the options to change this… are infinite.
.Medications. Scalp treatments. Laser Hair Therapy.
… or, check this one out: Nutrafol Natural Hair Supplements.
What is Nutrafol?
Nutrafol is a drug-free proprietary blend of botanicals. This includes vitamins such as keratin, biotin, and E from palm oil, ashwagandha, biocurcumin, and antioxidants like resveratrol. Clinically tested to be effective against hormonal imbalances that can cause hair thinning.
Nutrafol has been developed into a total of three formulas. Clinically proven and physician-formulated to improve hair growth and the first 100% drug-free hair treatment.
Even though Nutrafol is drug-free, it is considered medical-grade. It has been bio-optimized to nourish the hair using bioactive properties all mixed together in one treatment.
- Tested and proven to stabilize harmful and stress-damaging hormones such as dihydrotestosterone.
- Fight inflammation.
- Improve circulation in the scalp to revive dormant hair follicles.
- Rebuilding follicles by delivering nutrients that are necessary for the hair growth cycle.
Stages of Hair Loss
Our hair grows in stages, therefore, it can be lost in stages. Each growing phase that occurs varies from person to person. All of which can be determined by factors like genetics.
The growth stage, the regression stage, the resting stage and the shedding stage. Otherwise known as the Anagen, the Catagen, the Telogen, and the Exogen stages.
These phases are:
- The growth phase – where the follicles are actively growing and can last 3 to 5 years. The length of this stage is determined by the maximum length of your hair.
- The regression stage – when the hair follicles get smaller and remove from your skin and eventually fall out.
- The resting stage – where new hair grows under old or removed hairs. Old follicles get pushed out by new hair growth
- The shedding stage – older hair falls out and is replaced by new hair. This happens on a daily basis. Hair loss can be something that happens over time or be sudden. More common in men than women.
When it comes to external factors that can cause hair loss. It can be the result of a variety of factors. Some of which can trigger things like oxidative stress, mirco-inflammation, and free radicals. All contributing to hair loss.
Some of those outside stressors can be traced back to:
- Cortisol hormones (hormones that cause stress)
- UV exposure
- Extreme exercise and training
- Natural Aging
- DHT hormones (hormones affected by your genes)
Manufactured in the USA, Nutrafol took a different approach to the regularly-used-main-ingredient minoxidil and took the we-work-from-the-inside-out approach.
Look for High-Quality Hair Ingredients
Key ingredients to look for when looking for quality in hair vitamins.
- Hydrolyzed collagen – collagen acts as an antioxidant that helps build the hair up from greying and thinning. As well as working to build keratin that helps create new hair follicles as well as repairing damaged hair.
- Vitamin A – necessary for cell growth. Where your hair needs adequate vitamin A, too much can cause hair loss. A 700-900mcg per day on the lower intake level is enough.
- Flaxseed Oil – as a source of Omega-3 fatty acids, it helps with a healthy scalp
- Saw Palmetto – clinically researched saw palmetto is known to play a role in blocking hormones like DHT that cause hair loss.
- Biotin (Vitamin B7) – helps hair stay protected and rebuilds hair from being damaged during over-styling
- Vitamin B12 – plays a role in metabolism and energy production. A deficient has been linked to hair loss and premature greying.
- Vitamin D – linked to healthy hair growth and creation of new hair follicles.
- Iron – necessary for hemoglobin production. Delivers oxygen to cells including hair follicles.
- Zinc – plays a role in protein synthesis and cell division
- Tocotrienols – or vitamin E have been shown to help promote healthy hair within and strengthen hair follicles. Look for ingredients that list tocotrienols at the top of their ingredients list
- Reishi Mushroom – improves blood circulation, fights infections and boosts your immune system. In turn increases circulation to the scalp to help promote hair growth.
Nutrafol for Women
Nutrafol for women is one of the three formulas offered for hair loss. It’s specifically designed for women before, during and after menopause. Also for women with hormonal imbalances like PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).
When it comes to women and menopause, hormone levels are known to fluctuate. With this, hormones are known to cause common symptoms like hot flashes. In addition to hot flashes, women find that through menopause, their hair starts thinning or there’s full hair loss in their entirety. Hormone fluctuations, in general, can cause imbalances that affect other parts of their systems and cause stress which also affects the metabolism and can result in hair loss or thinning.
That’s why Nutrafol has a formula unique to women. To combat the root causes that cause hair loss. Effectively, using 21 medical-grade and natural ingredients.
Similar to men, Nutrafol promotes strong, shiny, and healthy strands of hair. Formulating the building blocks for healthy hair follicles with a mix of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. Clinical proven to show regrowth as early as 7 months with fuller thicker and stronger hair.
The third formula of Nutrafol, Nutrafol Hairbiotic. This version of Nutrafol was formulated to help with specific probiotic strains. Also known to help diversify the gut microbiome – the bacteria found in the gut that affect hair health in women and men.
Just like Nutrafol for Women and Men, this hairbiotic is suitable for people of all races and ethnicities and hair types. Nutrafol is a good natural option for patients who are dealing with mild to moderate hair thinning. Whether the root cause is from stress, genetics, or just aging altogether.
It’s also a great choice if you’re just looking for healthier hair or looking to prevent hair loss or thinning in the future.
Nutrafol for Men
When we think of balding, we tend to gravitate to male pattern baldness. Mostly because men are susceptible to hair thinning and hair loss, more so than women.
Clinical trials in men have shown that when Nutrafol was used regularly, results become visible in 3 to 6 months. Although results may vary, not just dependently from person to person. Nutrafol takes the time to develop things from the inside-out.
It takes time repping the follicles, the hair which allows for stronger, shinier and healthier hair to grow.
In the first couple of months, usually anywhere up to 3 months, Nutrafol starts to develop a place where hair growth can begin. Shedding and breakage starts to slow down and strength starts to build, creating a stage for hair growth.
From 4 to 6 months. Healthier and stronger hair growth will start to take place and small improvements in thickness will occur.
Beyond 7 months, there will be visible changes happening to hair quality. Faster developing hair and overall scalp coverage will start to be noticeable.
Nutrafol targets the root cause and balances the body to allow for a place where new hair can grow into.
When it comes to men, an important factor that affects hair growth and hair loss, boils down to genetics. Mainly within the level of DHT, androgen hormone that is a by-product of testosterone. DHT can induce miniaturization by binding to hair follicles and as a result, cause thinning.
In addition to genetics, other factors that contribute to hair loss are nutrition, environmental changes, stress, hormonal imbalances and metabolic changes.
All hair types and people can work with Nutrafol. It doesn’t matter the characteristics of a patient or their ethnicity, it targets the issue from the inside-out. For all kinds of people, from all races. Nutrafol has been proven to help reduce shedding in a matter of two months and improve overall growth, thickness and scalp coverage in a total of 6 months.
But does changing the root causes in hormone imbalances affect the testosterone levels in men?
The short answer is… no.
Luckily, Nutrafol has found a way to affect hair growth in a positive way, and yet has no effect on testosterone levels in men. One of the most effective ingredients, Saw Palmetto, inhibits 5-alpha-reductase. An enzyme that helps convert testosterone to DHT without any additional changes to current testosterone levels.
For a well-researched and natural approach to remedying hair loss, there is a lot of proof in the product and the ingredients. It’s not just based on claims but on evidence that makes Nutrafol a safe call.
Everyone is A Candidate Except…
The only patients who might want to reconsider Nutrafol, are individuals who deal with hair loss related to an active disease, an illness, or being treated for cancer. As well as women who are pregnant.
Ask your doctor before starting any supplement routine for the best results.
Aside from those drawbacks, the advantages of Nutrafol far outweigh any product on the market with no reported side effects.
Call Dr. Balshi at Balshi Dermatology in Delray Beach, FL About Nutrafol
If you’re looking to promote more hair growth, volume, stronger, shinier, and better textured hair with Nutrafol, contact Balshi Dermatology, a board-certified dermatologist in Delray Beach. Call us at (561) 272-6000 or send us a message on our Contact Page to set up your appointment.